Thursday, December 1, 2011

Violence in Mexico


This morning when I was getting ready for school I was listening to the Spanish news about all the violence in Mexico and the continuous amount of bodies that are being found on a daily basis. According to the news, yesterday in Juarez, Mexico there were twelve dead bodies found in a minivan. Within in those bodies there was the body of a ten year old kid that was severely tortured and then burned alive. I don’t understand how there are people in this world that are capable of doing such horrific acts. I continued heeding to the new about the ongoing violence occurring in Mexico. I felt horrible when they presented another gruesome story. They stated that there was a seventeen year old female found dead on her bed with severe torture wounds. This was awful, but what really shocked me was when the news stated that this teenager was found with the body of her new born baby next to her, also dead.  Based on the evidence they found that the girl was pregnant at the time of her torture and her murderers had opened her stomach and pulled the baby out. Gross! It was then discovered that all of the violence that was happening throughout the country

How can individuals have the heart to do this to another person? It makes me sick to see what Mexico is turning into. My parents were both born in Mexico and they would always tell me stories about how amazing and fun growing up in Mexico was. Today my parents don’t even want to go to Mexico, not even on vacation. They say that the country is nothing like it used to be years ago. Most people live in fear that they could get killed or kidnapped and rarely leave their house after dark. I believe that some type of cure has to be found for the outrageous violence in that country. The major problem that has to be addressed is the drug cartels and the venality in the government. The government is now hand-by-hand with the drug lords trafficking illegal substances to the U.S.



Vocabulary Words

Venality-prostitution of talents or offices or services for reward

Heeding-Pay attention to; take notice of.

No comments:

Post a Comment