Friday, October 14, 2011

My Little brother



Every week the one thing I look forward to the most is attending my little brother’s soccer games. Tomorrow he is scheduled to play two games back to back and I just can’t wait. I don’t know why but they are so exhilarating. Although it is a game between only 10 year old kids, watching them is very electrifying. My little brother plays right-front- forward for the team, and not just because he is my brother I am saying this, but he is the best forward on the team. His dreams are to be a professional soccer player, and at the paste he is going at right now I think he can achieve it. He is in the U11 for the San Jose Earth Quakes team, in this team they have the best soccer players who are under 11 years old, and thus when they play everyone is excited to see them. Tomorrow is going to be a very important day for them because there will be sponsors at their game picking kids they want to help to achieve their goal in their professional soccer career. It would be amazing if he were to be picked because, although they are just kids, this is an opportunity that can help shape their entire future.
Everyone in my family is convinced that Manny, my brother, has what it takes to be one of the sponsored kids. He is disciplined and very talented for his young age. The good thing about Manny also is that he just doesn’t only want to be a soccer player, but he also wants to be a doctor. Sometimes I admire his keenness to be successful, which is something many kids are now lacking as they grow older. I remember when I was his age I was just as enthusiastic about school and my future career in law, but over the years it seems as if it has slowly gloomed way. I hope his enthusiasm lasts him his entire life.

Electrifying-exciting
Keenness- eagerness; enthusiasm

No comments:

Post a Comment