Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Dress


Yesterday when I went to get my dress fitted I realized that I will be a married woman in less than 45 days.  For the past couple of months with school, work, and planning the wedding; I never really had the time to think. As I looked at myself in the mirror with a big white wedding dress, I must say, I felt a level of fright within. I presume it is panic because I had never had that feeling before. After the fitting I took a minute to analyze what I was actually feeling. I came to the conclusion that it was a feeling of excitement mixed with a feeling of anxiety. I believe I felt this way because wearing my wedding a beautiful wedding dress was my dream since I was a little girl. When looked at myself in the mirror I realized my dream was about to become a reality. Today we are only 45 days away from the big day and I couldn’t be more excited.

I try not to think about it too much because I don’t want to be like most brides that get super caught up in their weddings, or as most may call it, a “bridezilla”. Fortunately I have been busy with work and school, that the wedding planning I have been doing on my spare time and hasn’t hampered with my life at all. My fiancé is very pleased with how we have handled the wedding planning because we have done every step together and calmly. I hope that when the day comes it will be everything I ever dreamed of and more.

A couple of my bridesmaids and close friends are planning my bachelorette party in Las Vegas in the middle of November. I am a little concerned because in the middle of November I have a lot of term papers due. Hopefully I can get them done before then and not have to worry about it in Vegas.



Bridezilla-  a bride-to-be who focuses so much on the event that she becomes difficult and obnoxious.

Hampered- 1.to hold back; hinder; impede: A steady rain hampered the progress of the work. 2.to interfere with; curtail: The dancers' movements were hampered by their elaborate costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment